After managing only a single point from the previous home encounter against CFC in a game that they should have won, ATK will be hungry to register all 3 points against Kerala Blasters FC at The Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium (Kochi) in an away fixture!
Considering Nato’s injury & Bikramjit’s hamstring pull, Midfield is again a concern for the Red-And-Whites, having said that, they do have few replacements like Bidyananda Singh & Jewel Raza in the defensive midfield, which coach Molina must consider for tomorrow’s all important square off against the Season I finalists, KBFC!
The defensive line would be quite similar to what we saw in the first game, though, we would prefer Prabir Das in place of Robert, who didn’t seem to have a good outing against Chennaiyin FC! Even after conceding two sloppy goals against CFC, Debjit Majumdar remains to be the first option in front of goal as he had a wonderful I-League with Mohun Bagan A.C.
The most positive note that can be taken out from the first game is that there are goals between the trio of Doutie, Hume & Postiga. If ATK is to repeat the performance of first two seasons, The Superman-From-Canada has to keep playing like he always does, Boy, Doesn’t he make us proud whenever he plays?
Javi Lara didn’t had a great day against CFC, he is a kind of player who is an asset to the team, specially in dead ball situations. He may even be used in the central midfield tomorrow, provided Coach Molina tests one of the Indian wingers like Bikash Jairu Or Avinash Ruidas!
Though KBFC lost their first match to North East United FC, It has to noted that they have an extremely talented squad with the attacking players like Belfort, Micheal Chopra, Md Rafi & Josu. The onus will be on Young Jose Luis Espinosa Arroyo (Tiri) and Arnal Mondal to stop the KBFC strikers!
PLAYERS TO WATCH OUT FOR :-
1. HELDER POSTIGA : Though he was ruled out for the entire ISL 2, apart from the first game, he didn’t look out of form in the first game, as they say ‘Class is permanent, form is temporary’! With some wonderful passes & that brilliant assist against CFC, Hélder would be high on confidence & would definitely look to open his goal tally today!
2. JAVI LARA : Having had a quite outing at the planks against CFC, the SD Eibar star would look to sharpen up his skills & put up some amazing crosses for Iain Hume & Marquee, Helder Postiga!
3. IAIN HUME : It took some time for Humey to get his first goal in ISL 2, but things have changed this time around as he got his first goal in the game against CFC after converting the penalty against Dwayne Kerr! Good things to come?
4. DEBJIT MAJUMDAR : The ATK goalkeeper didn’t had a good game against the reigning champions, yet, he remains to be the first choice in front of goal for Coach Jose Molina as Debjit can be an excellent asset to the team, once he gains confidence. A good game against powerful goal scorers like Md Rafi, Micheal Chopra, Antonio German & Belfort will definitely boost his confidence & pump him up for upcoming games!
5. BIDYANANDA SINGH : One’s loss can someone else’s gain. Heard about that? It goes the same way with the Indian Honda. With Bikramjit Singh & Oftense Nato nursing injuries, It could actually be a great opportunity for the Manipuri Midfielder to rise up to the occasion & impress Coach, Jose Molina!
All shapes up for a fantastic game tomorrow, in front of a fantastic crowd. Do join us live from Kochi at Star Sports 2/3/HD2/HD3, where ATK would look to seize all 3 points. Shout Out Loud, #AamarBukeyATK!